Sunday, April 6, 2008

Arequipa: Peru's "second city"

..or as they would like to think, future Republic of Arequipa. Placed between three volcanoes, Chachani, Misti, and (I don't remember), it has plenty of things to offer ..starting with a road traffic governed by the 'laws of the jungle' (or no laws, if you will), through colonial architecture, coca leaves, grilled guinea pigs, trekking, climbing, river rafting, and downhill mountain biking from the top of Chachani. But, a thing not to be missed while visiting this very live and fun city is a tour of the Colca Canyon, which I'll come back to later. Personally, I have entertained the notion of discovering the culture and the people, and after meeting my friend (from CSUNs MUN team), I've attended a local baptism/engagement party, since he's marrying a girl from here ..and I have to say, being nearly a complete stranger, I was accepted like a member of the family and had a GREAT time all night (the party went 'till morning).


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Asia said...

Fajnie, ze opisales ta wycieczke, wyglada na bardzo ciekawa. :) A jadles osobiscie taka swinke morska z grilla?