Monday, February 11, 2008

What to bring or what not to bring...

or the quest of fitting all of this into that and not exceeding 34lbs.

As we are about 2 weeks from departure I thought it would be a good idea to see if I can actually fit all of the things that have been accumulating in the apartment. Well, they do fit...kind of...but not really...it's complicated. If I wear all the big and heavy things then I might be able to fit everything and stay below 34lbs, but that would be cheating and I am not desperate enough (yet) to go there...

So, I started off with about 40lbs and after answering the question how many pairs of socks (3), how many t-shirts (3), how pairs of pants (2) one really needs for a trip around the world, I brought the weight down to about 30lbs. That was before I remembered that I have to carry half the tent and the rain gear...damn it. So, we are back at around 36lbs and I am sure I still forgot more than enough. But then again, Matt was in the military so he should be used to carrying heavy packs...I'll just make him carry the whole tent...:) Well, that's it for now from the "packing front". So long...

Malte



No comments: